The Lost Tapes 2

Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I wish Nas could release this soon!

I DONT want any songs we've already heard that can be found in decent quality, e.g.
Amongst Kings
Be A N***** Too
Déjà Vu
Gangsta Tears
Good Morning
Hope (Original Version)
I Already Know
The Rise & Fall
etc

But I would like to here these songs in full cdq:
Colors
Take It In Blood (Part 2)
H To The Omo (Stillmatic)
and... *drum roll* The Curse!

If TLT2 is finally released, I would prefer the Sony era songs than the Def Jam leftovers.
This could be a discussion on this album, and potential unreleased songs you want to hear.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Rmrt the Visualiza wrote:
    Dillinger wrote:
    first comment, btw this was confirmed again like last week.

Source?

Not saying I don't believe you
    Just wanna know for sure

i'll try and find it, it was the complex interview, he said that No ID made him a load of beats, and that he could not use all of them for Life Is Good. So he said he was thinking of using some of them for Lost Tapes 2.

Oh word I hope it does come out still

I remember reading like a year ago that he didn't plan on releasing it anymore and haven't heard about it since

2. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Dillinger wrote:

Source?

Just wanna know for sure

i'll try and find it, it was the complex interview, he said that No ID made him a load of beats, and that he could not use all of them for Life Is Good. So he said he was thinking of using some of them for Lost Tapes 2.

yh I read that too.
    Which is a shame because I mainly want actual leftovers and not new songs made from leftover beats.
    I think 1-3 were new on the first one. The rest were from the I Am... double album and Stillmatic sessions.

3. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Dillinger wrote:
    Dillinger wrote:

Source?

Just wanna know for sure

Oh word I hope it does come out still

I remember reading like a year ago that he didn't plan on releasing it anymore and haven't heard about it since

Tell me about working with No I.D.

We did a block of work. I don’t know how much of it will be on this album, because we did a lot of stuff. Maybe it can be on The Lost Tapes 2, or I can tweak it, and it’ll be good for the next album. But it was dope, because No I.D. is an artist himself. He’s a producer, but he’s an artist. He thinks like an artist.

-nas, Complex Interview, direct quote

not exactly a confirmation, just shows he still got it in mind. he prolly gonna release it once he gets off def jam.

4. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I would like to hear the final version of The Scientist.

5. RE: Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:50 AM

ElDylan wrote:

what we know about this is:
    - there's no more than 3-5 seconds left to the version we've heard. (confirmed by just blaze and scarves).
    - just blaze wanted j-z on the song
    - nas got a call from kelis, left the studio, and never returned to finish the song.

6. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Rector wrote:
    ElDylan wrote:

what we know about this is:
    - there's no more than 3-5 seconds left to the version we've heard. (confirmed by just blaze and scarves).
    - just blaze wanted j-z on the song
    - nas got a call from kelis, left the studio, and never returned to finish the song.

A Jay z feature on the scientist would be amazing. I will probably enjoy this more than life is good, it's just more my taste. I haven't really enjoyed the singles, nasty and daughters were good, this is just more my taste

7. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

needs to be a bonus disc with Life is Good!
    Money!

8. Re: The Lost Tapes 2

Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM

You cant find Amongst Kings in a mastered quality... and since its one of the best Nas songs, it rlly should be on Lost Tapes 2!