Life is good listening session?

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I heard there was one tonight around 9 pm in NYC

Anyone know anything? Who will be reporting?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Life is good listening session?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Nas “Life Is Good” Listening Session (Review)

- In attendance: Marsha Ambrosius, Swizz Beatz, Erick Sermon, Jungle, Joeyie and probably more I don’t remember or didn’t see.

- The DJ played “Ether” prior to getting into “Life Is Good” and was quickly instructed to change the record. Comedy.

- First record sounded like an intro, definitely produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League. Fire.

- Producers that stood out J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Salaam Remi, No I.D. & Swizz Beatz. Didn’t notice the presence/sound of anyone else.

- The Train (Prod. No I.D.) is vintage Nas, storytelling style that real Nasir Jones fans have been longing for.

- Nas references a conversation he had with Biggie before he passed.

- Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross.

- Swizz Beatz stole the show with the two joints he produced on there one being “Summer On Smash” feat. Miguel and the other being “Street Shit” (Tentative Title). I liked Street Shit better. The hook to it is here ( https://twitter.com/DDotOmen/status/213472787631841280).

- I incited Swizz and Nas into yelling “GAHDAMNNIT” in between every song.

- Last but not least, and I could be mistaken but I swear I heard “Tunechi” mentioned by someone ont he mic..not sure what song it was. Don’t hold me to this one.

2. Re: Life is good listening session?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Ernest Estimé (@ErnestEstime)
    15/06/12 14:58
    When the album began to play, people were immediately excited to hear the "JUSTICE League" tag on Nas' first song in hopes of a good sound

Nas' demeanor while presenting and performing certain cuts off the album was very confident. Almost as if he knows it's an undeniable 'W'.

All I'm gonna say is if this Nas feat. Swizz Beatz track drops today - on a Summer Friday?, New York will be on one again...

I'm telling you guys, Swizz Beatz took it back to true Ruff Ryder nostalgia on this track he produced for Nas.

Swizz Beatz kept running the song back before Nas' verse even hit. As soon as we got to a point to briefly hear Nas' flow on the track, MAN!

Nas' flow on that Swizz Beatz track is smoother than a pearl, my g. Absolute sky-floated. Smoother than his verse on "Triple Beam Dreams

3. Re: Life is good listening session?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I can't wait. NaS is too Legendary

4. RE: Life is good listening session?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

sounds dope...

I remember when hiphop is dead was about to drop, there was a listening session with allhiphop.com and they hyped "play on playa" and called it a classic and shit...was kind of a letdown when I heard it

despite that fact, I'm hyped up like crazy now

5. Re: Life is good listening session?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Looks like this is the sample for the song tentatively titled "This Kind Of Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWrPG8cL98

6. Re: Life is good listening session?

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  7. Re: Life is good listening session?

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Newsletter Signup